Prof. Shanquan Wang (汪善全)，
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University，China
His research focus on functional environmental anaerobic microorganisms and their conversion of persistent organic pollutants (POPs). We integrate microbial cultivation, metagenomics, molecular techniques and bioreactor operation to gain fundamental insights of our complex biosystems (e.g. bioremediation sites and anaerobic digesters) specifically from molecular-, cellular-, community- to system-levels. The generated knowledge on these reductive processes will be further employed to devise novel methods, techniques and products for our environmental engineering purposes.
Spatial distribution, bioconversion and ecological risk of halogenated persistent organic pollutants in contaminated urban rivers: a nationwide study in China
Surface sediments of polluted urban rivers can be a reservoir of hydrophobic persistent organic pollutants (POPs). In our study, we comprehensively assessed the contamination of two groups of POPs, i.e., Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs), in 173 polluted urban rivers in China. Evaluation on the concentrations and spatial distribution of PCBs and PBDEs showed their similar spatial distribution patterns but very different contamination levels in surface sediments. In contrast to the persistence of PBDEs, significant correlation (p<0.005) between organohalide-respiring bacteria (OHRB) and PCBs, together with remarkable changes in enantiomeric fractions of chiral PCBs, suggested indigenous bioconversion of PCBs in the polluted urban rivers, particularly the involvement of yet-to-be-characterized lineages of Dehalococcoidia in microbial reductive dechlorination of PCBs. Risk assessment indicated that the urban river sediments could pose high ecological risk of exposure to deca-/penta-BDEs for aquatic livings. Our study provided unprecedented insights into contamination, conversion and ecological risk of PCBs and PBDEs in nationwide polluted urban rivers in China.
Prof. Tao Zhu (竹涛)，
China University of Mining & Technology(Beijing)，
institute of atmospheric environment management and pollution control，China
1. Air pollution Control；
2. Solid Waste Treatment and Resoure
He has Won the new century outstanding talent; Beijing excellent talents; Sun yueqi energy science and technology award, China science and technology development foundation; Youth science and technology award of Chinese society of environmental science; 1 first prize (1st accomplisher), 1 second prize (1st accomplisher), 1 third prize (1st accomplisher), and 1 first prize (1st accomplisher) of provincial science and technology progress award (1st accomplisher).
Scientific research project：
1. Responsible for and undertook 4 national vertical projects, 15 ministry vertical projects and more than 20 enterprise horizontal projects;
2. Participated in 4 national major projects and 2 national 863 projects;
3. Presided over the completion of 15 engineering, design and engineering management projects.
4. The proposed plasma three-stage integrated treatment technology has been applied in practical treatment projects, which has created an output value of nearly 200 million yuan for the enterprise in recent three years.
5. The collaborative treatment technology of PM2.5 fine particles and heavy metals with independent intellectual property rights has been selected into the list of major environmental protection technologies and equipment encouraged by the state for many times.
6. With shanxi international energy group in taiyuan, shanxi established the first set of plasma ultra-high temperature gasification melting treatment of hazardous waste demonstration project.
1. He has published more than 100 articles in domestic and foreign journals as the first/corresponding author, including more than 30 SCI articles (including Environmental Science &Technology, Energy, Journal of Hazardous Materials, etc.) and over 30 EI papers.
2. In recent five years, 30 new invention patents have been applied for, more than 10 invention patents have been authorized, among which 6 patented technologies have been popularized and applied.
3. He has published 8 books, including 4 monographs.
4. It is now known as "Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology", "Recent Patents on Nanotechnology", "Journal of Management Science & Engineering Research", "Journal of Environmental Science & Engineering Technology" and "Progress" Editorial board of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, journal of mining Science and other journals; reviewer of Environmental Science &Technology, Nature communications and other journals.